Friday, June 24, 2011

100 Greatest Country Guitarists

I believe my ten favorite guitarists are: Joe Maphis, Merle Travis, Mose Rager, Jerry Reed, Maebelle Carter, Chet Atkins, Hank Snow, Jimmie Rodgers, Don Rich, Dave Kirby, Roy Nichols and Buck Trent. I know. That is twelve. And I didn't get to include many of today's stars like Brad Paisley. I was at an event where Billy Yates was the host at ET theater, and I spoke to Billy Gibbons for a minute. I asked him what he was doing there. In reality, he and his bandmates were there to kick off a new Brooks and Dunn album with them, but he told me that they had saw Brad picking on the paisley guitar, and had thrown away their guitars and become roadies for him. It was hilarious.

I have not forgotten about many more greats. For a good, but not perfect list, check this out:


Then post on my facebook page about your favorites.